[OSM-dev] mapnik - can you output image bytes directly?

Artem Pavlenko artem at mapnik.org
Wed Mar 14 20:29:50 GMT 2007

Hi Nick,

Of course you can. agg_renderer renders into memory buffer and you
can do whatever you like with it (buffer).
I can look into modifying image writers to work with any output
streams, which what you're after??
Perhaps, it is more for mapnik-devel and there is trac.mapnik.org
also. Don't hesitate to submit a feature  request .

Cheers,
Artem