[OSM-dev] JOSM segment ordering bug?

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Thu Mar 15 14:59:02 GMT 2007

Scenario: I'm working on some small ways that are "looped" like a p:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=7494490.01686&lon=1344881.75164&zoom=16&layers=B00

Three of them in the middle, there. I want to do these with the "stick"
as segment 1 and then segments 2, 3, 4, 5 after one another with 5
ending at the node where 1 and 2 is also joined. Clear? ;)

After joining 4 segments of the way if looks like this is JOSM:

http://quovadis.dk/osm/josm1.png

Now I do Select -> <click way> -> Way -> <click segment>, and much to my
surprise and dismay, the last segment is numbered as #2, making the ways
unordered:

http://quovadis.dk/osm/josm2.png

Reorder segments screws up the roads as well, making the stick the last
segment. I'm running the latest JOSM from the repository (compiled with
Java 6) with the Mappaint plugin patched to show segment ordering.
Turning off Mappaint doesn't make any difference.

\\kristian
--
Cthulhu.call();