[OSM-dev] london tube stations

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:50:53 GMT 2007

On 3/15/07, Artem Pavlenko <artem at mapnik.org> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I wonder if there is way to distinguish  London tube station from any
> other station?

Hmmm, tricky. Not at present.

I would propose a different tag for them, but we'd need to be careful
to make sure we can tag a node as both a tube and railway station
together - lots of them are. Some of them (especially on the bakerloo
line) have mainline rail and tube trains on the same platforms, many
on adjacent platforms.

Perhaps a tag for each, and three logos for the map - rail,
Underground and combined. Would we want a London Underground specific
tag?

Andy