[OSM-dev] YWMS alignment

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:21:20 GMT 2007

On 3/19/07, Thomas Walraet <thomas at walraet.com> wrote:

> Francisco R. Santos a écrit :
> >
> > Right now, to display the logo, the map is resized in firefox to the
> > size of the requested bounding box in the available yahoo zoom. Then,
> > the image is re-scaled in JOSM to the requested size.
>
> Oups... I have a few-days-old YWMS plugin. It doesn't display the Yahoo
> logo...

Please, update :-)

However, I can see the misalignment. It's weird, because the east-west
street (Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île) is aligned, while the south-north street
(Rue Legrattier) is not. It is like the image was misaligned in the first
street direction (something like West-North-West).

Isn't it simplier to display a Yahoo png logo in JOSM instead of doing
> image manipulation to keep the one served with Y! tiles ?

It's not only the logo, also the copyright. Is more political than
technical, so I think I can't do what you say. Anyway,it  is simpler this
way, less image manipulations.

You could also don't care about displaying the credit's on the image,
> and put everything in a popup that appear at the first YWMS use of the
> day...

The same thing. I think we only have permission to use  JavaScript or Flash
APIs because logo and copyright issues.