[OSM-dev] Osmarender map beautifier question

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 20 20:59:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

   I tried the map beautifier and have the follwing questions:

(1) I was confused because there's the map beautifier script and the
(presumably old?) lines2curves.pl. Should we get rid of one or at
least put a README or comment somewhere, or do they both serve
different purposes?

(2) I got the following messages when beautifying a city with roughly
30k nodes:

Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 166, <> line 2927.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 166, <> line 2928.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 166, <> line 13656.
Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 358, <> line 47259.
Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 358, <> line 47259.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line 414, <> line 47259.
Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.

Where do they come from?

(3) I got about 270 messages telling me "so-and-so-street abbreviated
to" (with nothing after the "to"). Something to worry about, or were
these simply too short to have any letters?

Bye
Frederik