[OSM-dev] Osmarender map beautifier question

Barry Crabtree barry.crabtree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:45:15 GMT 2007

Hi

> Hi,
>
>    I tried the map beautifier and have the follwing questions:
>
> (1) I was confused because there's the map beautifier script and the
> (presumably old?) lines2curves.pl. Should we get rid of one or at
> least put a README or comment somewhere, or do they both serve
> different purposes?

the 'live' lines2curves.pl is now in the  tilesAtHome directory. I'm not
sure how tilesAtHome and the osmarender4 directories link (I see that 80n's
frollo is in both now) so I don't know if its ok to delete the
lines2curves.pl from here. I'm working on the pre-process version of
lines2curves so it should be obselete soon anyway.

the osm-svg-beautifier.pl took the lines2curves code wholesale & added parts
to do the text shortening, so it doesn't depend on lines2curves at all. I
think this version is more experimental anyway.

(2) I got the following messages when beautifying a city with roughly
> 30k nodes:
>
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 166, <> line 2927.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 166, <> line 2928.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 166, <> line 13656.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 358, <> line 47259.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 358, <> line 47259.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
> /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
> /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at osm-svg-beautifier.pl line
> 414, <> line 47259.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
> /usr/share/perl5/Math/Vec.pm line 638, <> line 47259.
>
> Where do they come from?

I'd guess its a zero length path, but in any case it wants fixing.

Cheers. Baz

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.  - Gandhi.