[OSM-dev] Effort in the US wasted until TIGER import is complete?

Ludwig M Brinckmann ludwigbrinckmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:01:10 GMT 2007

Would it not make much more sense to write something like an adapter, which
will allow people to read Tiger data from source as if it were an OSM
source, ie in the OSM XML format and update OSM renderers so that it is
possible to link in such adapters?
I always find data duplication a problem and an approach like this would
avoid the problem of  having to deal with updates to whatever external
source are in use -- plus save a lot of space on the DB. Obviously this
means that OSM authors cannot modify data imported as such -- but with the
consistency problem I am not sure if they should.

Apologies, if this has been discussed in the past.

Ludwig