[OSM-dev] API very slow this morning

Styno styno at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:16:49 GMT 2007

I can reverse it: If you don't have anything constructive to say, just
don't.

MySQL itself says [1] that the MyISAM storage engine is not the best
choice - for situations where the portion of update/delete statements is
significant in relation to insert and select statements - because of the
table locking mechanism. So why spending effort to work around the
database 'restriction' when this fundamentally important part of the
project is ill chosen?

I've also tried to make my point in the wiki [2] earlier. Now please
tell me why my arguments are not valid, that way I can perhaps learn
something out of this.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ansi-diff-foreign-keys.html
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:Servers