[OSM-dev] API very slow this morning

Thu Mar 22 14:37:41 GMT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:58:36 +0100, Styno <styno at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I also .... offered you to do
> benchmarking on the DB/API to determine performance critical parameters.

Hi all, sorry for jumping into this discussion. I realize that I am (for now) a nobody in OSM, so feel free to ignore me.

I feel that Lambertus does indeed offer some valuable concrete and specific help. So, why can't we make a couple of hours Apache log available to him (after erasing the passwords from it of course :-)), on which he can try his professional skills. It can't hurt and we might be able to optimize our queries (which certainly would help).

I don't think it's unreasonable to hand him some of the raw material which allow him "to show proofs" and "not words" about his assumptions on MySQL performance.

Thanks for your attention,
Spaetz