[OSM-dev] API very slow this morning

Styno styno at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:58:36 GMT 2007

Well besides GPS tracking and mapping to the extend that my GF starts to
complain, I'm also trying to be helpful by using my knowledge as a
professional programmer with years of experience with medium sized
databases (~100GB data in MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer and a bit
PostgreSQL). I also maintain the OSM forum (I know that's not
appreciated by everyone, but still :-)) and offered you to do
benchmarking on the DB/API to determine performance critical parameters.

Because I program all day I don't feel like doing that during the
evenings/weekends as well. Is that weird? No, I think we all do what we
can to contribute to this project. Replying with one liners like "Show,
don't tell" will certainly not help.

Besides that, when there are so many ppl complaining on IRC and the ML,
shouldn't that be a hint for the sysadmins to act on that? More features
are nice, but only if the basis is firm.

Anyway, as I said: just trying to be helpful.