[OSM-dev] database statistics

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:14:14 GMT 2007

On 23/03/07, Simon Hewison <simon at zymurgy.org> wrote:

> Claudomiro Nascimento Jr. wrote:
> > webalizer of the log:
> http://claudomiro.googlepages.com/usage_200703.html
>
> Interesting reading. It seems that
> api/0.3/map?bbox=5.838672,52.150385,6.026562,52.224269 had been downloaded
> 1027 times.
>
> That seems incredibly fishy to me, especially since that's 398Mbytes each
> time.
>
> I guess that apache logs the entire number of bytes transferred,
> regardless
> of whether the HTTP request was gzip encoded.

I think that's in total, not each time. So about 340K per request, which
given the area contains a town isn't that unusual. I'd suspect somebody has
a bookmark in JOSM and is doing a lot of editing, or else it corresponds to
a tile which is being rerendered.

The user agents are quite interesting. I'm guessing JakartaCommons is the
applet, all the java's are JOSM, and the LWP is tiles at home or other tools.