[OSM-dev] OSM tools RPMs for Fedora Core 6

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Fri Mar 23 18:01:40 GMT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 05:53:50PM +0000, Jon Burgess wrote:
> Does building mapnik really require scons? I managed to build the
> package using the attached spec file using the copy of scons bundled
> with mapnik. I replaced the scons dependency with one on python >= 1.5.2
> which is mentioned in mapnik/scons/scons-README.

I managed it for the Debian package, certainly. Since scons is being
bundled it makes sense not to require it externally too (though embedded
copies of programs in source trees are bad, generally; my real
preference would be for no included scons, and then using an external
copy...). Ditto for the included fonts, which I throw away in the Debian
packages since they're already in the archive.

Dominic.