[OSM-dev] OSM tools RPMs for Fedora Core 6

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Fri Mar 23 18:06:37 GMT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 06:01:40PM +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> I managed it for the Debian package, certainly. Since scons is being
> bundled it makes sense not to require it externally too (though embedded
> copies of programs in source trees are bad, generally; my real
> preference would be for no included scons, and then using an external
> copy...). Ditto for the included fonts, which I throw away in the Debian
> packages since they're already in the archive.

Sorry, my poor bracketing means this could be read the opposite way
round from the way I intended.

I throw away the fonts, since that would increase the binary package
sizes unnecessarily. However since scons is already in the source
package (ie upstream tarball) I do use it.

Out of interest, do we have anyone using the Debian packages of mapnik
on this list? I believe the main OSM machines are running debian - would
it be helpful to use them there?

Cheers,

Dominic.