[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Osmarender street names rendering regression

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Sat Mar 24 23:45:03 GMT 2007

[added some old quotes for CC to dev ML]

Dirk-Lüder Kreie schrieb:
> Ben Laenen schrieb:
>> Dirk-Lüder Kreie schrieb:

>>> What you saw is the output without frollo so those ways in Antwerpen are no longer ordered, for whatever reason.

>> Things I think cannot happen -- even with completely wrong ordering --
>> are:
>
>> * ways that consist of one segment that have the street names upside
>> down
>
> Osmarender renders the names of right-to-left-streets upside down, only
> a test detects this and reverses the text direction, however this test
> fails if the segments in the way are not ordered, or point in different
> directions.
>
>> * the street names that render in two directions on the same segment
>
> This can happen if there are 2 copies of the way -- one ordered, one
> unordered

Apparently there was indeed a regression because osmarender seems to
*depend* on frollo to figure out right-to-left-streets correctly. since
a frollo failure is not considered critical, tiles at home renders the
streets without frollo but produces the output you saw, where a
Cambridge client would have produced nice output.

CC to dev

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie