[OSM-dev] Mapnik slippy map tiles: Bad file descriptor.

Graham Wall g.hamwall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:07:52 BST 2007

For weeks I have not been able to view the mapnik slippy map from work.

* Works with neither IE7 or Firefox 2
* The Osmarender tiles show without problem.
* I can view the mapnik tiles from home with the same setup.
* Using a web proxy makes the tiles show up.

So - it looks like the mapnik tile server is blocking my work IP, does
this sound feasible?

The following is the output from wget for a specific tile:

--09:35:02--  http://tile.openstreetmap.org/11/1010/682.png
  (try: 2) => `682.png'
Connecting to tile.openstreetmap.org[128.40.58.204]:80... failed: Bad
file descriptor.

I don't particularly want to have to

Graham