[OSM-dev] osmarender suggestions

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:17:24 BST 2007

On 3/28/07, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
> > Jochen Topf schrieb:
> >> I agree that oneway arrows should be repeated, but I haven't found a
> >> good solution yet. The current way of having the symbols only at
> >> beginning and end is suboptimal, but at least it doesn't interfere with
> >> street name (which are in the middle) too much.
> >
> > Is there the possibility of finding intersections and draw the arrows
> there?
> >
> >             |                        |
> > ---------=>-*---.---.----=>-*---.----*-<=-----
> >             |             |

> I like that. It makes sense and shouldn't clutter things up. Now
> somebody only has got to implement it :-).

It's almost certainly feasable to identify the intersections, one of the by
products of frollo is a count of the number of segments that join each node
in a way.  The main osmarender process would need to generate paths for each
set of segments between intersections (something that is already done for
non-contiguous segments) and then apply the correct svg to each of these
paths.

I think I would create a new value for the e attibute of a rule that
selected such sub-sets.  Perhaps something like this:

<rule e="way-junction" k="oneway" v="yes|true">

80n

Seb