[OSM-dev] T at h area coverage

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 27 14:08:03 BST 2007

Hi,

> I'm now a registered T at h helper, so I started a
> simple loop for all X and Y tile coordinates (at zoom 12) in this
> area, run tilesGen.pl xy $x $y, followed by upload.pl (and a short
> sleep).  Is this the recommended method, or is there something
> better?

That's perfectly ok but it is best to request updates through the
central queue and have your tilesGen.pl run in "loop mode" at the
same time. Then request re-rendering of the tiles you're interested
in by repeatedly calling

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/NeedRender/?x=$x&y=
$y&priority=1&src=my_source_id

That way the results should be in even faster .. unless of course you
don't trust the queue and would rather like to do it yourself ;-)

> When I edited the area in JOSM, I saved the area as a file
> "murmansk.osm".  I guess I could dig through that file to find
> node coordinates, convert them to tile coordinates, and only run
> "tilesGen.pl xy $x $y" for the tiles that have nodes.

Read my Tiles at home/Currency article in the wiki, there's a script
named "lastmodtile.pl" mentioned there. That is geared towards
planet.osm which has a last-modified attribute with nodes/segments/
ways but a little change will probably make that script do exactly
what you want.

Bye
Frederik