[OSM-dev] Writing an OSM map application

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Thu Mar 29 15:58:33 BST 2007

Am Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:35:58 +0000 schrieb Jon Burgess:

> > Is it possible to use only the germany.osm instead of world.osm if I
> > need germany only?
>
> Sure, you can load whatever .osm file that you feel like. The
> resulting mapnik output will obviously just contain the data from
> your .osm file.
>
> The only restriction is the the osm file should be 'correctly' order
> in the sequence: nodes, segments, ways. The planet.osm and josm output
> files are fine. The planetosm-excerpt-tags.pl script writes its output
> in the order: ways, segments, nodes and this confuses the old
> osm2pgsql code (I think the experimental version should produce the
> correct output in this case).

Regarding to the last svn access you wrote in osm2pgsql. Are you the
main developer? So here some more questions:

Could you write your contact into the readme.txt or a authors file?

I got all working and could search in the database with psql. It's
really eays to understand simple searches. But do you've some docs
about the database scheme or example queries? There're three tables
which are in some way linked. But without documentation the complex
searches aren't so easy.

How could I get e.g. all highways in a given bounding box?

regards
Andreas