[OSM-dev] Writing an OSM map application

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Mar 29 18:40:57 BST 2007

Andreas Volz wrote:

> I got all working and could search in the database with psql. It's
> really eays to understand simple searches. But do you've some docs
> about the database scheme or example queries? There're three tables
> which are in some way linked. But without documentation the complex
> searches aren't so easy.

The structure of the 'osm2pgsql'-generated tables is written in the
head of the respective SQL dump, which you are actually using.

In fact, the structure is pretty simple, just look at the "create
table" statements. With basic knowledge of SQL you should easily figure
how to retrieve the information you are looking for.

> How could I get e.g. all highways in a given bounding box?

  http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/

Martin.