[OSM-dev] Josm Plugin Mappaint Page

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue May 1 22:35:47 BST 2007

Hi,

> IMHO it needs a page on some wiki, but where? Since its a josm Plugin it
> should be on the josm wiki, whom should i contact for an account?

The JOSM Wiki doesn't need accounts for editing.

But I would suggest using our Wiki for that. In the long run, I don't
see that having two Wikis is feasible.

JOSM is one of the most important pieces of software in this project; if
the value of created_by is anything to go by, then JOSM is by far the
leading manual data entry application (with 7.5 million created_by
mentions), followed by 280.000 mentions of the applet and 50.000
mentions of OSMNavigator.

So if I were you, I'd set a precedent and make a nice page on our Wiki
for your work. JOSM is very under-represented there, we should change
that; it becomes difficult to explain to newbies that such a central
piece of software should be documented "outside".

Bye
Frederik