[OSM-dev] tiles at home disk usage

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed May 2 16:32:54 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> A quick temporary fix would be to change tile2.php to unlink new tiles
>> if there is an existing tile.
>
> That didn't parse.

I often don't parse. ;-)

Overwriting a tile which is currently hard linked will change the file
contents of ALL hard linked files.

Removing the tile-file prior to be overwritten, would result in a new
file and the other hard linked files not being affected.

sudo code
if file_exists(x/y/tile.png) {
    rm (x/y/tile.png)
    create_file(x/y/tile.png)