[OSM-dev] Slippy maps requesting ALL layers...

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Sat May 5 03:16:43 BST 2007

* On 29-Apr-2007 at  2:37PM PDT, Dean Earley said:

> Is there any way to stop the slippy maps (both informationfreeway and
> www.osm.org) from requesting tiles from ALL layers on startup?

Followup: I rewrote the page slightly to make use of the
OpenLayers.Layer.TMS layer (with a custom getURL function) and
deterministic multi-host tile serving. This latter makes the tiles
appear very quickly in my Firefox browser:

http://freemap.in/~sderle/infofreeway/map.html

This version uses the hosted version of the OpenLayers 2.4-rc3 API at
openlayers.org, and the above described bug doesn't appear when I look
at the DOM layout in Firebug. 80n, would you mind trying this out and
letting me know how it works?

SDE