[OSM-dev] New JOSM version for 0.4 API

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 23:41:12 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 00:09 +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I have committed to JOSM SVN a small bugfix and the changeover from
> 0.3 as default API version to 0.4. The automatic rebuild will take place
> during the night, so those of you reading this after Sunday 6am can get
> the new version from the usual location (at josm.eigenheimstrasse.de).
>
> Those of you who read this earlier and cannot wait, use this:
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/josm-04-fix.jar
>
> The old version does work with 0.4 if you change the osm-server.version
> property. The bug that was fixed concerns the merging of identical
> segments on consecutive downloads and is not a big issue (albeit one
> that caused a lot of concern). Unless you do a lot of sequential
> downloading, you can safely use older versions as well.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

I notice that this new version will no longer load .osm files saved from
the previous version. It complains:
	Error while parsing file.osm: Unknown version: 0.3

Do we want to enable loading of old OSM files or do we need to stop them
being uploaded?

The .OSM files from the 0.4 API include some attributes for user= and
visible= which JOSM currently discards. Steve mentioned that JOSM should
probably be preserving these in the saved data. I'm not sure it is
appropriate to upload these tags though, any thoughts?

  <node id="17301843" lat="51.7566052544084" lon="-0.484847434606197"
user="Jon Burgess" visible="true" timestamp="2006-10-01T16:36:47+0
1:00">

	Jon