[OSM-dev] No more incomplete ways with 0.4?

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sun May 6 11:56:26 BST 2007

On 06/05/07, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)
<openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:

> Probably yes and no. We still have incomplete Data in the Database. Things
> like ways with segments which are already deleted, ..

I've encountered a few of these on my travels. They seem impossible to
clean up. So far I've had four or five of these in the Dublin area
where I was  unable to do anything more than name them "Delete me
please". One of them was not connected to any ways I needed to keep,
so I was able to drag it into the middle of Dublin Bay, but is
there/will there be any way to get rid of them completely? Failing
that, could any kind person with low-level DB access locate the ways I
have named thus and kill them?

Dermot