[OSM-dev] No more incomplete ways with 0.4?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 7 09:55:15 BST 2007

Hi,

>>     since 0.4 supposedly delivers all segments belonging to a way
>> that
>> is downloaded as part of a "map" request, can we now
>>
>> 1. drop the "download incomplete ways" stuff from JOSM
>> 2. abort any download that contains incomplete objects?
>>
>> If JOSM can assume that all data that is loaded is also complete,
>> many
>> special-case checks can be dropped, which will speed up overall
>> operation and clean up the code.
>
> Probably yes and no. We still have incomplete Data in the Database.
> Things
> like ways with segments which are already deleted, ..

In that case I propose to

1. drop the "downlaod incomplete ways" stuff from JOSM

2. whenever an incomplete way is encountered during download or
2a. do not import the way or
2b. remove the non-existing segments from the way (making it "modified")

3. remove from JOSM all code dealing with incomplete ways

Bye
Frederik