[OSM-dev] Request for system wide josm plugin location

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 19:05:40 BST 2007

Hi,
On 6 May 2007, at 17:41, Hanno Böck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> josm is looking for it's plugins only in ~/.josm/plugins.
> That has the problem that it's impossible to install josm system-
> wide with
> some basic plugins (e.g. for distribution packaging).
>
> I'd request to have some systemwide plugin location. Sticking to
> the FHS
> /usr/lib/josm/
> would probably be the correct location.

I agree with this proposal, however on the Mac it would be better to
use the OS standard locations for searching for application specific
support items. These locations are:
/Library/Application Support/<application name>/
and
~/Library/Application Support/<application name>/

If you let me know where the file locations are stored in the josm
code, I'll be quite happy to look into helping to implement this.
The system wide location should be searched first, then the user
location, with the user location over-riding the system wide plugin.

Shaun