[OSM-dev] Potlatch update

Tue May 8 01:45:15 BST 2007

I've just committed an almost fully functional version of Potlatch to
svn.

Almost, because I haven't done the GPS display script. This requires
Ming (or equivalent) and I suspect we don't have Ming on the main box
yet. Fixing this is my next priority.

But everything else should be working, bugs excepted ;) . I've been
doing a load of edits to my local copy and watching what it changes
in the db, and it all seems to be working as planned.

If you want to hack on the code:

- Static files are in sites/rails_port/public/potlatch/ .
- Source code for the SWF is in applications/editors/potlatch. To
compile the static SWF, run potlatch.cgi with the correct path as a
parameter, viz: perl potlatch.cgi ~/osm/sites/rails_port/public/
potlatch/potlatch.swf . You'll need Ming and the Perl binding.
- Source code for the Rails bit is where you'd expect (sites/
rails_port/app/controllers/amf_controller.rb).
- Edit page code is also where you'd expect (sites/rails_port/app/
views/site/edit.rhtml).

Optimising the SQL in amf_controller.rb (particularly
createuniquesegments, and the subsequent putway queries which use it)
is probably the single most useful thing anyone could do.

All comments and criticism welcome as ever!

cheers
Richard