[OSM-dev] Potlatch update

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue May 8 08:28:24 BST 2007

> Potlatch

Hello Richard,

Not 100%sure of the architecture of potlatch just now, but, if I wanted to
add functionality such as adding nodes, drawing areas and NPE and SRTM
backgrounds, could I do that without having to set up a full Rails/OSM
server environment on the Freemap server? (want to avoid that if poss due
to limited resources and unwillingness to make Freemap become non
functional - also I'd prefer to spend more time on coding and less on
configuration :-) )

In other words could I get away with just installing the swf bits and the
Perl script (think that's a proxy isn't it?) and proxy all the calls to
the main OSM server?

Thanks,
Nick