[OSM-dev] Potlatch update

Wed May 9 10:09:53 BST 2007

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> It would ofcourse be better if there was some kind of "incomplete" tag
> I could give to roads to indicate they need work, but in the meantime
> editors like potlatch need to allow users to fix them, not just ignore
> them...

I don't have anything religious against unwayed segments :) - just a
pretty fundamentalist belief in not complicating the UI, and (as a
secondary consideration) keeping the SQL queries manageable.

If there's an easy way to make unwayed segments editable in a form
that doesn't add anything to the learning curve for the newbie, and
doesn't boggle the server, I'm all ears. (I would reiterate that
Potlatch _isn't_ designed for the experienced OSM user and
consequently I'd expect that pretty much everyone on this list will
continue using JOSM.)

Until then I agree that fast-tracking an "incomplete" tag might be an
excellent thing to do.

cheers
Richard