[OSM-dev] Potlatch update

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:53:29 BST 2007

On 5/9/07, Thomas Walraet <thomas at walraet.com> wrote:
> My preference for this problem is to try to minimize the number of those
> orphan segments... With Potlatch available online, JOSM users should try
> not to leave segments alone.

While mapping I sometimes realise after the fact that I left out a
street. I know approximatly where it is, but I have no name. I
generally put a segment without a way there as a clear marker: someone
fix this.

It would ofcourse be better if there was some kind of "incomplete" tag
I could give to roads to indicate they need work, but in the meantime
editors like potlatch need to allow users to fix them, not just ignore
them...

Have a nice day,