[OSM-dev] Using oceantiles_12.png directly in tiles at home and lowzoom.pl?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Wed May 9 15:56:40 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

Would something break horribly if I modified t at h and lowzoom to use the
oceantiles_12.png file directly instead of the converted
oceantiles_12.dat?

tilesGen.pl and lowzoom.pl already need GD with png support, so there
would be no new dependency introduced, the only disadvantage I could image
would be slightly increased run times for the perl scripts which is
negligable compared to the XSLT run times.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...