[OSM-dev] Unwayed segments

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:10:33 BST 2007

I'm aware of a lot of unwayed segments in my mapping area (Dublin and
Ireland in general). Converting them to fixmes would be OK, but losing
them completely would IMHO be bad. Many appear to have been left that
way pending knowledge of correct road name or one-way status.

I've occasionally left stuff in this state myself, but usually in
cases where I've traced housing estates under construction but lacked
the local knowledge to know that they were complete. Another case is
where I suspect a traffic barrier not visible from above.

Dermot