[OSM-dev] Osmarender: Produce SVG maps for mobile phones (SVG TINY/BASIC)

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:00:31 BST 2007

Guys
We have to make a decisions on a case-by-case, feature-by-feature basis.

If we *know* that SVG Tiny does not support, for example, baseline-offset,
then we can use a different method if possible, or if not possible then make
an alternative strategy for SVG Tiny devices.

Unless we *know* what does and does not work, we will blindly use any SVG
feature that gets the job done with no consideration for what is and is not
possible in SVG tiny.   A little thought at the right time can save us from
taking a bad path that is then hard to come back from.

80n