[OSM-dev] Status of Database Server after 0.4 Upgrade: Fragile

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Sun May 13 13:37:19 BST 2007

Thanks for this Steve, good to know what's going on...

On 12 May 2007, at 21:36, SteveC wrote:

> So here's a braindump:
> <snip>
> way tags. most of the api code is fairly fast but the api map call
> does a sql request for every way to get its tags. it shouldn't,
> someone needs to fix.

I'm probably way off the mark here, but I'm not in the house much to
try this out, but doesn't :include do something like this? Like on
the way retrieval line:

ways = Way.find(way_ids)

If we simply added:

ways = Way.find(way_ids, :include => [ :way_tag ] )

Would that do it? With my little experience of rails I really don't
have a clue, but from the bits of documentation I've seen on :include
it does suggest that's what we need.

John