[OSM-dev] Very long ways have been split

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun May 13 22:54:59 BST 2007

Hi,

>> Ameland
>> Schiermonnikoog
>> Terschelling
>> Texel
>> Vlieland

> These are all islands that are part of Holland. Given the effort that
> went into making them render properly, I hope this isn't a
> regression...

I must admit that, being an "osmarender guy", I have not thought about
how Mapnik handles these things, but as I said before, it would be very
surprising if Mapnik were dependent on islands having one long closed
coastline. It wouldn't be able to render Ireland then, or the UK mainland.

Tiles at home should be able to deal with islands having a split coastline;
I have invested a lot of time in getting the Orkney islands right over
the weekend and I know for a fact that a split coastline is not a
problem there.

Bye
Frederik