[OSM-dev] perl GD on Mac OS X

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue May 15 00:40:37 BST 2007

Can someone who's done it give me some pointers on how to get GD included as
a perl package on Mac OS X (Darwin).

I tried with the built in perl and got loads of errors. I tried downloading
the ActivePerl Mac distribution which is 5.8..., but the package manager
won't do GD (the ActivePerl web site says it is "too difficult"). (I've got
the other prerequisite perl packages and applications).

I'm just trying to get the tiles at home running. It's not easy.

One other thing: inkscape requires X11; but to run tiles at home doesn't need a
windowing environment. So do I really need to install X? (Please tell me
no!)

Thanks,
David