[OSM-dev] Ask University for support?

Matthew Newton matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue May 15 00:31:39 BST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:06:34AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> First: fix your DATE!

Yeah; sorry. And I'm usually the one who moans at others for this.

I'm trialling FreeBSD inside VMWare, and there is a known problem where the
date just won't stay accurate, even with ntpd running (it is). It drifts
_very_ fast. There is some fix that requires a kernel recompile or something,
but my FreeBSD knowledge needs a little time to develop... ;-)

> Matthew Newton schreef:
> > I've been using it for the last few days to play with new ideas for t at h
> > backends, but if there is a good use then it's available.
>
> As mentioned on IRC I'm thinking on writing a canvas implementation of
> OSM. And see how optimized that could be. I can host a test version, but
> no production stuff.
>
> It would only require planet.osm and maybe some form of caching.

Sounds interesting. If it works and can be a live thing for OSM the let me
know!

--
Matthew