[OSM-dev] Set up rails on dev server -- what comes next?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Wed May 16 06:49:56 BST 2007

> > How can I contact the rails server from a web browser? After
> > installing
> > rails_port to /var/www/nick on dev, I entered
> >
> > http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org:3000/rails_port/
> >
> > but am not getting a response from the server.
>
> port blocking from UCL

do a ssh port tunneling:
start on your local machine:

	ssh nick.dev.openstreetmap. -R 3000:localhost:3000

After this you should be able to connect to this port in your browser with the
url:

	http://localhost:3000/rails_port/

This special case is untested but it's a standard procedure and should work.
Only thing which might complicate things would be if the Server is multihomed.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm