[OSM-dev] Potlatch

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed May 16 09:48:28 BST 2007

Hello Richard,

Now I have a working rails setup I should be in a position to do stuff on
Potlatch: Here's what I had in mind, let me know which of these you're
doing/have done already:

* Areas e.g. woods, heaths, lakes. Probably just a rendering issue - does
SWF do variable-opacity polygons?
* Specific tag selection for walkers, expanding what's already available
* POIs with graphics - think you're already doing this?
* New Popular Edition and SRTM contour backgrounds
* Freemap specific edition, geared for walkers, with specific tags and
tied in to GPX upload, as mentioned yesterday.
* Ability to re-use segments of an existing way e.g. if you draw a polygon
denoting a field boundary, and then draw another next to it, they should
share segments.

Thanks,
Nick