[OSM-dev] MySQL on dev

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed May 16 13:11:39 BST 2007

As a mapper without a developer account, I'm very dependent on
having a working tiles at home server.  Currently, the "dev" server
is used for t at h and I think it would be a good idea to move this
subproject out to its own server.  I can't blame other projects on
dev from stealing resources from t at h, because it is actually the
other way around.

Still, I get a bit curious when I learn from the Munin graphs [1]
that a MySQL server on "dev" processes 90 "replace" queries per
*second*.  Obviously, this cannot be the t at h request queue, since
that receives and dispatches less than one request per second.
Can somebody with an account on dev explain what this exciting
massive database update is all about?

[1] http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/dev.openstreetmap-mysql_queries.html

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)