[OSM-dev] MAPNIK - proposal to drop rendering of underground railway lines

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:28:17 BST 2007

I would like to stop Mapnik from rendering underground railway lines for
these reasons:

1) They make the map look cluttered
2) They are not helpful as a navigational or locational aid
3) They impede the use of the map as a navigational aid
4) They are very innacurate, non-geometrical approximations, derived from
the location of stations

eg:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.50296531560567&lon=-0.11274585447809585&zoom=14

previously discussed here:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/353

All in all, I can't think of a reason why we would want to show underground
railways on the main map, and I would like to remove them from osm.xml.

--
Nick Black