[OSM-dev] API / Planet output - XML format

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 17 11:41:23 BST 2007

I was looking for definitive documentation that confirms the current makeup
of the planet file xml, in terms of the headers that are in the file and
also format and sequence of the body of the xml. Also, since 0.4, does the
format of planet match exactly the same as the format (including headers) of
xml returned by a map call to API.

If someone can extract the header and the xml sequence for each
element/attribute from planet (I've not attemted to set up anything to parse
planet as yet) I'll update the wiki with that info. I can see the API
results easily enough with a map download.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk