[OSM-dev] Slippy map zoom

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 17 17:08:28 BST 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 05:28:48PM +0200, Jonas Svensson wrote:
> On 17 May 2007 at 10:09, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>
> > How are you zooming? There are several ways that I can think of:
> >
> >  * MouseWheel (I think this is the only one that would have changed)
>
> I use MouseWheel whenever I got one and that is where I noticed the
> change.

The current OpenLayers (2.4) is designed so that when you zoom with
the mousewheel, the same spot you zoomed in at will be under the
mousewheel. (This behavior matches that of Google Maps.) The reason for
this is that in the past, if you mouse-wheel zoomed twice, your map
would be way off from where you expected it -- now, it will (hopefully)
be relatively sane.

If you just want to zoom in once, then it's probably best to just double
click.

I believe that the MouseDefaults/MouseToolbar controls still have
the old behavior, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt