[OSM-dev] JOSM Plugin-Manager was: JOSM "simplify way" option

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon May 21 09:43:40 BST 2007

> Maybe we could start by creating a machine readable list of plugins
> (in the Wiki?), adding a "getVersion" call to the plugin interface
> and displaying a list to the user (plugin so-and-so, installed
> version so-and-so, latest version so-and-so). And do automatic
> downloading etc. later.

Sorry to bring up this suggestion again: If we put the plugins into SVN with
there jar Files it would be one URL where the plugin locator can find all
plugins.
Yes I know svn is normally a source repository, but we don't have any other
common place in the OSM project where every developer can write, every user
can download and we have a versioning.
So I would really really vote for one sub-directory in the osm-svn and place
all plugins there.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/