[OSM-dev] Potlatch delete bug?

Wed May 23 09:23:38 BST 2007

Håkon Enger wrote:

> Ok, I wont be deleting any ways in Potlatch for a while, then... I have
> a few other complaints about Potlatch, though:
> - When switching from the slippy map to the editor using the "Edit"
> tab, the position on which I am placed in the editor is not where I was
> in the slippy map.

Indeed, there's two bugs here - one is that the lat/lon/scale values
aren't always passed through from the main Rails site to the SWF, the
second is that there's a slight mismatch even when they are. The first
one should be fixable by anyone with Ruby clue, haven't got to the
bottom of the second one yet.

> - Switching back is even worse, I am placed at the initial position of
> the Slippy map again.

Yup. I need to figure out how to get the SWF to call the JavaScript to
update the 'View' link - there is definitely a way to do it, just
haven't had chance to figure it out yet.

> - Often I want to move nodes just a bit - a few meters or so - to align
> them with the aerial imagery or to make a straight way really straight.
> There seems to be a minimal distance one must move a point before the
> move is accepted. This is probably not a bug, but an unwanted feature
> (for me, at least.)

Mmm, yes, a few of the tolerances/scales are off throughout the editor
(SteveC mentioned, too, that it's too easy to drag the map a fraction
when you think you've just clicked). It's on the list.

> I'm sorry to be complaining so much, I do actually really appreciate
> the work you are all doing on this project!

Not at all, you're all the best bug-testers I could wish for. :)

cheers
Richard