[OSM-dev] I'm Looking for josm reading NMEA Files

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Wed May 23 09:50:12 BST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 09:59, you wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> On 23 May 2007, at 07:45, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:
> > I do have some Windows users which are really busy like a bee
> > collecting new
> > tracks. And since the new Windows installer for josm works nicely
> > again. I'm
> > now trying to convince my Windows users to try to use josm
> > themselves. But
> > for this I'd need a possibility for them to directly import there
> > Tracks(from
> > the NaviGPS-BGT11) into josm.
>
> Are the users uploading the tracks?
>
> If so they would need to be in gpx format.
> Can a version of
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:NMEA>
> be made into a windows batch script?

My idea was to not have to install gpsbabel on these machines too. But if this
would work it would be even better, since this would enable josm to import
almost any gps-tracklog.

The primary idea was to add some simple lines to josm to also be able to read
NMEA-tracks and store them internally in the gpx structure. After reading
these tracks the gpx-upload of josm could also upload them the same way as
regular gpx files.