[OSM-dev] 0.4 OSM API Documentation

michael_j at email.de michael_j at email.de
Fri May 25 22:50:57 BST 2007

to the list:

> ranaldo at unina.it wrote:

> 1) Methods to retrieve gps points seems to be missing (url =
>     trackpoints?bbox=bllon,bllat,trlon,trlat&page=0).

The OSM 0.3 reference had specified the following command:

    *  url = trackpoints?bbox=bllon,bllat,trlon,trlat&page=0

    "Gets the track points uploaded by various users. It will provide a list of track points, paged, given
    some bounding box where bllat is the bottom-left latitude, trlon is the top-right longitude and so on.
    Each page (page goes like 0, 1, 2...) contains 5,000 track points. Currently there is no way to find
    how many pages there are in total and the newer points are on the early pages. "

Currently the documentation of the OSM 0.4 version does not contain any equivalent command.

What is the equivalent command and its parameters for 0.4 version? Are the trackpoints still downloaded in pages of 5000  trackpoints.

> 2) downloading a big area resolves in a error, is it the same downloading
>     a small area with a very huge way crossing it?

May someone knowing the answers please let us know. :-)

Michael