[OSM-dev] Memory Leak

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat May 26 01:33:47 BST 2007

I think I may have tracked down the memory leak - or at least one
major memory in leak in XML generation anyway.

As suspected it is in the libxml wrapper, and there are actually
several problems, at least some of which I need to talk to the
wrapper folks about to be sure of the best fix.

I have managed to patch it enough to be able to run my local test
case (generating 1000 GPX files with 1000 points each) in a stable
memory footprint of 10Mb instead of the 750Mb peak that it was
reaching before.

I'll try and make contact with the libxml wrapper folks to discuss
it in the morning.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)