[OSM-dev] Availability of slippy map during LinuxTag 2007

Ralf Zimmermann Ralf at Zimmermann.com
Mon May 28 15:59:50 BST 2007

Hi Guys,

 From 30-May to 02-Jun, we will represent OSM at the LinuxTag 2007 in
Berlin. [1]

I expect the slippy map to be one of the important ways of showcasing
the status of OSM at our booth.

I have two areas of concern:

1) When using the Mapnik layer a lot, we will get the tiles saying "Tile
download limit reached for your IP". That is not exactly what we want to
showcase.
Can this limit be removed? At least for the duration of LinuxTag?

2) I guess you agree that the performance of the tiles at home tile server
has been a bit fluctuating over the last weeks.
It would be beneficial if a minimum performance performance of the t at h
tile server could be maintained.

I just want to make you aware that during this week more potential OSM
newcomers than normal will be visiting the slippy map and the wiki.
So the performance of the servers will be pretty important.

Thanks,

Ralf
Munich, Germany

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_at_Linuxtag_2007