[OSM-dev] Availability of slippy map during LinuxTag 2007

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 17:14:02 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 16:59 +0200, Ralf Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>  From 30-May to 02-Jun, we will represent OSM at the LinuxTag 2007 in
> Berlin. [1]
>
> I expect the slippy map to be one of the important ways of showcasing
> the status of OSM at our booth.
>
> I have two areas of concern:
>
> 1) When using the Mapnik layer a lot, we will get the tiles saying "Tile
> download limit reached for your IP". That is not exactly what we want to
> showcase.
> Can this limit be removed? At least for the duration of LinuxTag?

I have just disabled the 10k download limit for the mapnik tiles.

Steve asked me a few days ago if we could get an admin interface to
white list specific IPs or netblocks. It doesn't look like I'll get
around to implementing this in the next few days.

Alternatively you could setup your own local tile server. It isn't too
hard to setup osm2pgsql/mapnik with either a rails server or tilecache.
I have these setup on my home PC and can give some hints if you get
stuck.

	Jon